Zero to Hero Runners (Club) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. For any personal data you provide for the purposes of your membership, the membership secretary is the Data Controller and is responsible for storing and otherwise processing that data in a fair, lawful, secure and transparent way.
What personal data we hold on you
You may give us information about you through the membership form or by filling in forms at an event or online, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register with the Club.
Why we need your personal data
The reason we need your Athletics Data is to be able to administer your membership, and provide the membership services you are signing up to when you register with the club. Our lawful basis for processing your personal data is that we have a contractual obligation to you as a member to provide the services you are registering for.
Reasons we need to process your data include:
For training and competition entry
- sharing personal data with club leaders/coaches or officials to administer training sessions;
- sharing personal data with club team managers to enter events;
- sharing personal data with facility providers to manage access to the track or check delivery standards; and
- sharing personal data with leagues, county associations (and county schools’ associations) and other competition providers for entry in events.
For funding and reporting purposes
- sharing anonymised data with a funding partner as condition of grant funding e.g. Local Authority;
- analysing anonymised data to monitor club trends; and
- sending an annual club survey to improve your experience as a club member
For membership and club management
- processing of membership forms and payments;
- sharing data with committee members to provide information about club activities, membership renewals or invitation to social events;
- club newsletter promoting club activity; and
- publishing of race and competition results
Marketing and communications (where separate consent is provided)
- sending information about promotions and offers from sponsors;
- sending information about selling club kit, merchandise or fundraising.
Any special category health data we hold on you is only processed for the purpose(s) of passing health data to leaders/coaches to allow the safe running of training sessions and runs. We process this data on the lawful basis of consent. Therefore, we will also need your explicit consent to process this data, which we will ask for at the point of collecting it.
On occasion we may collect personal data from non-members (e.g. any non-member participant who fills in a health disclaimer or form at a taster event. This information will be stored for 4 weeks after an event and then destroyed securely. Our lawful basis for processing data is consent. Therefore, we will also need explicit consent from non-members to process this data, which we will ask for at the point of collecting it.
The club has the following social media e.g. Facebook, Whatsapp. All members are free to join these pages. If you join one of the Social Media pages, please note that provider of the social media platform(s) have their own privacy policies and that the club do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data on the club social media pages.
Who we share your personal data with
Zero to Hero Runners will not supply any personal data it holds to any other third party. The Zero to Hero Runners does not store or transfer your personal data outside of the UK.
How long we hold your personal data
We will hold your personal data on file for as long as you are a member with us. Athlete data is updated every year on annual membership forms. Any personal data we hold on you will be securely destroyed after four years of inactivity on that member’s account, in line with England Athletics Limited’s retention policy. Your data is not processed for any further purposes other than those detailed in this policy.
Your rights regarding your personal data
As a data subject you may have the right at any time to request access to, rectification or erasure of your personal data; to restrict or object to certain kinds of processing of your personal data, including direct marketing; to the portability of your personal data and to complain to the UK’s data protection supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office about the processing of your personal data.
As a data subject you are not obliged to share your personal data with the Club. If you choose not to share your personal data with us we may not be able to register or administer your membership.